Friday, November 10, 2006

More Oddities...

Time for another installment of oddities from my life here in Sri Lanka.

So, I've shown you photos of the ubiquitous beach dogs and beach cows, but here is a shot of the ever elusive beach reindeer. This pics was taken at the commemoration event for the 17 slain humanitarian aid workers from ACF in August.

Each house that I have lived in has always had one iguana living in the garden. This one was from my last house.

I watched this guy climb up this pole in about 6 seconds, barefoot, with no safety device or pull straps. Obviously, the power lines are not yet energized.

If you'd like to see more freaky things from SL, you can find previous oddity posts here, here, here and here.

Ok, thats it for now. Hope you all are happy and well.
Ciao! Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the pics. Can't wait to show Tenaya these ones - she was utterly facinated by the walking stick and past others.

Thinking of you - S, P, T & R

Anonymous said...

Love the pics. Can't wait to show Tenaya these ones - she was utterly facinated by the walking stick and past others.

Thinking of you - S, P, T & R

Unknown said...

Hey I am sure you are enjoying your stay in lanka, apart from all the inconvenience you have to face in day to day life. Of course Its a beutiful country and lovely innocent people. Its sad that the ethnic war is dragging the country backwards. I am Sri Lankan and I really enjoyed your pics and comments.
Nilmini