Friday, July 07, 2006

Oddities... cont'

I figure it was time for another installment of oddities. Ok, it hasn't been weekly, but I will try to keep them periodically. Enjoy!

Imagine sitting on the toilet, minding your own business but then you start to feel like someone, or something is watching you. This is what happened to me when I was staying in Colombo with some friends. I can tell you, after looking over and seeing this guy I felt a little vulnerable with my pants around my ankles and all. Scale: the tiles are 6 inches wide.

This is one of my favorites and I know some of you have already seen my dung beetle but I figured he should be up here for posterity. To get an idea of scale, the ball o' dung is about 1.5-2 inches in diameter.

You can find previous oddity posts here and here. Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Interesting. Do you always bring your camera to the toilet?

Douglas said...

Of course! Don't you? In all seriousness, I made haste and got the hell out of there and grabbed my friend Tom and my camera. I was happy to see this guy had not moved. I had feared that he was not there when I came in and was making his way closer to me, just waiting for the right moment to spring (spiders tend to jump here). So I was relieved when I found him where I left him. Unnerving to say the least...