Sunday, July 02, 2006

My First Visitor

After being in Trinco for 9 months now, I finally received my first visitor. My friend Tom (another Sewa Lanka volunteer) came up from Colombo for a few days to visit and check out Trinco for the first time. It was fun to have a visitor, because it makes you see your surroundings through fresh eyes. We visited a few places that I have not seen since my first days in Trinco. I forget what a beautiful place this really can be!

Tom standing near a prayer tree at Swami Rock. Not exactly sure what the wooden boxes hanging from the trees are. Steep granite cliffs right on the edge of the Indian Ocean. Their is a nice hindu temple up here that is quite famous but no one visits it. Perhaps it is because you have to travel through a large army camp that is located immediately at its base.

Temple monkeys chillin on the rocks. I have to say these are some of the calmest monkeys I have seen in Sri Lanka. Unlike the ones that stole my cell phone, disconnect my power lines, and wake me up at 530am by playing on my tile roof.

Tom making friends with a Temple cow. Yes, this little heffer is actually in the temple.

Before the BOSS 808 (hell, before the 303!) there were drum machines. Now I have a better idea how these temples can make so much noise! Posted by Picasa

No comments: