Tuesday, January 30, 2007

San Francisco - The First Few Hours

Ok, I just received a couple more pics from my time in San Francisco. These are from my first day back in SF. I landed in at SFO around 1030 AM and was greeted by Jesse and Hetal's smiling faces. We left the airport and headed for Jesse's house in Noe Valley where I changed out of the clothes that I had been in for some 48 hrs, washed up, and we walked down to a corner cafe on Dolores for my first big cup of dark roast coffee. Mmmmm! After we were sufficently caffinated (note to self: Jesse has enough energy without caffine), we went down to El Farrilito's in the Mission District for a proper mission burrito. Man, I had been looking forward to this for 15 months and when I walked in and smelled the burritos and saw the grill, it was all I could do to stand patiently in line to place my order (additional note to self: large amounts of caffine dont help any of us wait patiently in line). It was nice to see the familiar face taking my order. El Farrilito's is a Mission institution, and a late night standard. There is something about having a well seasoned grill to make a proper burrito.

Finally! After 15 months - burrito magic. Less then 2 hours in SF and I accomplished my first goal. Yum!

After finishing our burrito's (yes I finished that whole thing), we bummed around the city and I somehow managed to stay awake all day. A considerable feat seeing as there is a 12.5 hour time difference from Sri Lanka. We went to the climbing gym in the evening followed by beers. After a few stops, when met some guy that decided to join us to the next venue. Lucky for me he had a skateboard and was happy to lend it to me while he was trying to flirt with Hetal.

California Dreaming: A late-night ride down mission street. I swear the light was green when I passed!

It was a great first day back in SF. Thanks to all my friends for hanging out with me and making my time there so much bloody fun! I look forward to seeing you all again soon!

No comments: