Thursday, October 19, 2006

Back to the field....

Things are progressing nicely on our housing construction project, at least for the time being. we will see what the rainy season has to say about that. Our proect is on track to be completed in March 2007, a date that I am looking forward to for sure! I have been making several trips up to the field and thought that I would share some recent pics.

One day I showed up at the site and the my field manager informed me that the local government agents would like me to attend a meeting they were having to organize the local Community based Organizations (CBOs). We will work with these CBOs for implementation of our livelihood project in the comming months. We will be providing trainings and livelihood inputs (read: seeds and cows) for the CBOs. Of course the meeting was conducted in Tamil and I didnt have a clue what they said...


We completed nearly all 100 foundations and are noew constructing the first few homes. Its great to see some above-ground progress!

Working out issues in the field... Note the OSHA approved footwear. Posted by Picasa

No comments: