Friday, September 22, 2006

More Bali pics

Well, finally getting around to posting a few more pics from my Bali trip. Once I finsh posting these pics I will post an update on my situation here in Sri Lanka, which is better than its been for a long time! :) Enjoy!
Yes, another sunset photo... Can you really have enough though? This is from Kuta beach where I stayed at the begining and end of my trip. It has quiet a few tourist and the locals really seem to appreciate the beach life too. Local people fly these very large kites everyday at the beach. It seems to be a national passtime and is really beautiful. Everyone comes at to watch the sunset.
This is a family that runs a guest house in Ubud, the cultural captial in the foothills of the mountain region. There house looks more like a temple and all the buildings are beautifully decorated. I stayed in my own bungalow for about $4.50 a night, with breakfast!

Traditional Balinese dance is a popular activity in Ubud. I went to two performances while I was there and they were really entertaining. They seem to enjoy themselves which makes the show even more entertaining
!
Everyday local people prepare offerings to the gods. They start each morning by making the small baskets by hand out of grass leaves. It adds color to even the dullest of streets. Posted by Picasa

No comments: