Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Bali Pics

Well, Im finally getting around to posting pics from myBali trip. This first set is from my stay on a small island off the coast of Bali where I stayed for 4-5 days. It was really peaceful and had excellent diving!

The beach was protected by a coral reef and when the tide went out you could see all of the seaweed farms.
View of the main volcano on Bali from the beach I was staying at/
The first night I was staying here there was a shipwreck on the reef. The boat was not from the area and was unfamilar with the reef. I walked out there at low tide to find the crew stripping the vessel of anything valuable. Locals mentioned that boats like these often are pirate ships that steel fish from the local fisherman. Apparently it happens a lot down here.

It was a bit of an adventure to get out there. Walking through the seaweed farms and over the coral. I lost my flip flops 3 times as it was getting dark and got pricked by 2 sea urchins. Ouch!
I rented a motor bike and drove around this little island and there were some fantastic views. This is another bay where they are haresting seaweed.Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Doug: hope ou get this post. Cool site! great pics. Lots of info. I'm going to make sure JoAnn sees it. Anna's probably already seen it.
We just ate at Fuji Ya, excellent Japanese restaurant. Brought back lots of memories for us from our 3 weeks in Japan. JoAnn didn't think her vegetable tempura measured, up but Anna and I liked our food a lot.
Very little Halloween action for the Minneapolis Bablitches last night. Anna was at a friends house, JoAnn and I had a civil evening at home, i cooked Asian stir fry, we had great wine -- from Trader Joe's which now has a store in St Louis Park.
Great Halloween pic, You look healthy and happy.
bye for now.
Uncle John