Monday, January 09, 2006

Thailand - January 2006

After the commemoration events, I took a short trip to Thailand for a little R&R and to celebrate new years. It is relatively cheap to get there and it is about a 4 hr flight. I was happy to return to Thailand after my trip there 4 years ago. I was only there for just over a week but really enjoyed my time in Bangkok and Chaing Mai. I even got some climbing in.

The temples at the Grand Palace and Wat Pho are utterly amazing. Even some of the lesser temples in the countryside are quite impressive.



I really like these…thai versions or gargoyles(???). The detail is amazing.


This golden Buddha is actually from a temple in Chaing Mai (the north) but thought it was worth adding.


Back at Wat Pho, they are currently in the process of restoring many of the temples. Here they are tracing all the intricate artwork for preservation and verification after it has been restored. You can see the areas that have been restored. Posted by Picasa

No comments: