Sunday, August 10, 2008

Back to California

Hi all,

Well this post is long over due. I finished my time in Sri Lanka as of April 2007 and have returned to California via Europe, North Africa, and of course, NYC. I really enjoyed my experience in Sri Lanka and I feel like I learned a lot about the people, the culture, and humanity in general and I hope to bring what I have learned back home with me. I also learned a lot about myself, my abilities and my limitations.

I believe the project was a sucess; we constructed 100 homes for 100 families, installed numerous drinking and agricultural wells, and developed livelihood programs for the people in these villages.

I have the greatest hopes for the people of Sri Lanka and sincerely wish peace on this beautiful island.

Please feel free to continue to comment, but you may have to forgive me if I don't respond in a timely manner as I will not be maintaining this blog regularly in the future.

Thanks goes to the people of Sri Lanka, to Sewa Lanka Foundation, Cesvi - World Aid Italy, and to all my family and friends that supported me during me time overseas.

Peace

No comments: